Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Danica is 29 months old!

Danica is 29 months old, so it's time for an update! Here are just a few day to day things I'd like to remember down the road:

When Danica watches television, she likes to watch the same show over and over. She loved Olivia and Wonder Pets last year, has loved Fresh Beat Band since she turned 2, and now she loves Toy Story. She has watched all three at this point and each one more than a couple of times- so she has really gotten involved. She knows the characters, their names, and now quotes the movie. Our favorite comes when we ask her what Woody says and she goes, “there’s a snake in my boots”. Now she has started saying, “To infinity and beyond”. It is precious!

She is still a picky eater and only eats fruit (lots of it), yogurt, chicken nuggets, noodle soup, bologna, cheese, and pizza. She loves fruit snacks, lollipops, icecream, cupcakes, and any kind of chip or cracker snack (cheez-its, teddy bear graham crackers, and goldfish). She also loves milk, sprite, and apple juice.

She is still wearing 2T/3T pull ups. I put her in big girl panties on the weekend when we are at the house. She is going to the potty, but not for number 2 yet.

Danica loves to sing so I bought her a microphone and stand this weekend. It’s really neat- you can plug in an I-pod and sing along to your songs. Danica just likes the microphone and sings her own songs. We’ve had a lot of fun with her new toy over the past couple of days! Her favorites are still Jesus loves me and the ABC song. And she also likes using the microphone when we ask her what Woody and Buzz say!
During playtime, Danica still chooses her dollhouse, jewelry, puzzles, baby dolls, and blocks. She likes to cover her baby dolls with blankets to put them to sleep, feed them, and push them in her stroller. She has been stacking blocks for months now, but this weekend- she asked me to help her make a castle. Her castle consisted of blocks lined together instead of stacked. She has also discovered Gracie’s 4-wheeler, so I’m considering one for Christmas. Shouldn’t they learn to ride a tricycle before they ride powered cars?! I want to teach her to ride a tricycle, but she isn’t interested in it yet. So I’ll put the 4-wheeler off for a bit longer and maybe she’ll ride a tricycle this summer.

I’ve got a fashion diva on my hands- she loves shoes! She’ll wear shoes even when she isn’t wearing anything else. And she’ll ask you if you think they are pretty and turn her foot just right to show them off. It is so funny! She has also mastered taking her own clothes off- and her pull up. Since I encourage her to pull her own down before she goes potty, I’ve created a monster! Now she loves pulling her own clothes off and running around naked. It’s funnier when she has only shoes on, though!

One more funny story- Danica was reading in a book filled with Nursery Rhymes and came across a picture of a king. She said, "Mommy, it's Jesus". My answer, "You're right, Jesus is a king!". I've also taught her that Jesus is in her heart so when I ask her who is in her heart now, she tells me Jesus is. Mema has also taught her the song about Zaccheaus and since his story is also in her toddler bible, she talks about him, too. I'm so happy she enjoys learning stories from the bible and that she loves God and his son, Jesus.

Soccer is over, but she is going to continue her gymnastics class over the summer. She'll still go every Wednesday night. It's nice to have an activity she can do. I try to fill the time her time with different activities to get us out of the house. Now that summer is around the corner, I'm sure we'll be spending more time poolside and at the beach. She really likes Joe's boogey board and I want to teach her to swim.

1 comment:

Becca said...

She sounds like such a precious little joy! It is sooooo awesome that she is learning so much about Jesus and her love for him is already shinning!