We are excited to announce that Baby Sutton is going to be a sweet little BOY! Our ultrasound was scheduled for Monday, June 4 at 2:00 p.m. We planned a Gender Reveal party for 6:00 p.m. for our family and some of our closest friends. We took Danica to the ultrasound with us. After they took my vital signs- which included having to explain to Danica why I peed in a cup AND finding out I've only gained 8 pounds in 17 weeks; they led us back to perform the ultrasound. Dr. Taft assisted with the ultrasound, so Joe immediately decided we were having a girl since he was sure Dr. Taft did it last time. I told him I was certain it was Dr. Stephenson and that it should not matter. I think Joe already decided we were having a girl- so not to get his hopes up. We already had names chosen for a girl and were ready. However, when she scanned his little bottom, I knew before the ultrasound technician even revealed it. I didn't say anything and now that we've talked, I found out that Joe had the same feeling I did. When she told us it was a boy, I cried, Joe jumped out of his seat. Danica was in the dressing area playing, so didn't know anything yet. It was certainly a sweet moment for me and Joe!
When she told Danica, though, she was not happy. She immediately announced, "no, it's not a boy; it's a girl." So that she didn't have a complete meltdown, I said, "yes, your new kitten is a girl. Tell these nice ladies about your new kitten." She was overjoyed to do so and everything worked out nicely!
Dr. Taft says the baby looks good. From the start, we saw both of his fists at his mouth and even got a picture of his mouth wide open. I also got a picture of his complete hand. She told me to look up so I could see his hand and I gave him a high five! When she was trying to see his heart, though, he was facing down and would not turn. However, she was satisfied when she saw the vessels she needed to see. And Dr. Taft confirmed that everything looked good and he was developing nicely. Praise!
At our reveal party, we used balloons. Mema found a dryer box and we decorated it. I picked up balloons after the ultrasound and tied them to a weight before putting them in the dryer box. I didn't want them to fly away immediately. We got this super cute picture of all of us with the balloons after the reveal. Everyone was thrilled. Mema cried and my Dad is excited about his very first grandson (he has three girls and 4 granddaughters so far). It was a sweet time and we are so excited to welcome Baby Boy Sutton on or around November 11, 2012!

No comments:
Post a Comment