Thursday, July 10, 2014

Danica's Ballet Recital



Danica's Dance Company hosted an end of the year dance recital. The company chose Frozen for the ballet classes and it was wonderful! The dancers did such a great job. I was especially proud of Danica! At one point she was at the very front of stage and remembered all of her movements. She looked so growny! I'm so glad she is enjoying dance.

Danica's school also hosted a graduation ceremony for the 4 year olds and an end of the year party at Paramore Park. We forgot to take the camera to the graduation ceremony... ugh! But Mema did get a cute video on her smart phone of Danica telling the audience what she wants to do when she grows up- she wants to sew dresses! She watches Nana knit and her favorite My Little Pony, Rarity, is a fashion designer; so she has been talking about making dresses. She asked me one day why I buy clothes and don't make them. Then she asked me if she could measure me so she can make me a dress one day! How fun!

Danica has sadly moved beyond Disney Princess and Frozen. She is now into My Little Ponys. She's become a collector- asking me to buy her a new pony every time I agreed to buy her a toy. She also watches the show on Netflix and I bought her the Elements of Harmony book that we read everynight. It's a really thick book, so we read a few pages each night.

She no longer wears her princess dresses. She doesn't play with her disney dolls anymore. No more tiaras, wands, and boas... my baby girl is growing up :(

I can't believe my baby is starting Kindergarten in the Fall!

No comments: